Firefox PHP

Module: User Tagging

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: User Tagging
September 06, 2010 12:57PM
Hi guys,
I have set up several tags based on post count and it all works fine but i also want to select several users and set their tag as something different not based on post count.

I have tried adding them all to a group and setting a rule to say members of this group should have a certain tag. I have also selected them individually by username. However the post count rule they match seems to always override the tag.

How do you set the priority of a rule or do all rules need to be exclusive?

I expect im just going about it the wrong way.

One last thing how to you find a userid is it in the sql db or somewhere in the admin pages?

Thanks for your time.

Isaac
September 26, 2010 03:35PM
Hi,
I was trying to setup this module, and has edited every template as suggested. I have enabled the module and still nothing shows up anywhere! It is not working.
I checked what could be the problem by just putting and else condition to the if (used by the module in every template) and found that the POST_STATUS custom variable used by module is not defined or empty. The readme file says "This module allows you to setup rules for creating custom template variables, based on a user's state / properties."
Am I supposed to define such "template variables" anywhere? Or is that referring to some "Custom Profile variable" that I should define?
I am bit confused - can anyone please help me on this.
Regards,
Sreenadh
September 27, 2010 10:08AM
Can anyone help me on this please....
September 27, 2010 04:49PM
Did you actually read the README? There is a very extensive example section in there that describes a possible set of recipes to use for this module. Setting up the template variable is done by those recipe rules. It is not in there by default. My guess is that you misunderstood the use of this module and did follow only half the README.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
September 27, 2010 05:11PM
Hi Maurice Makaay,
I followed the read me completely and set up those rules, but even after that nothing shows up anywhere (possibly because the POST_STATUS variable is not getting set). I can send you all the screen shots of my control panel and the code changes - what else can I say. :(
Note that I have already set up almost every module (except a few such as User notes, User Tagging, Forum Subscriptions etc) successfully and won't be committing such a simple mistake. :(
Do you mean to say that the module AUTOMATICALLY defines and populates the Variable I provide in "The template variable name to fillHelp" text box? I have already done that and set up all the rules as instructed. If it is so why the too the POST_STATUS variable is not getting populated with data for me? :( Any guess?
Regards,
Sreenadh
September 27, 2010 11:42PM
I don't know why it won't work for you if you follow the README file to the letter. Yes, the module automatically creates the template variable based on the criteria that you setup in the rule. You suggested custom profile variables, but those have nothing to do with the variables that this module sets. These are simply template variables that are added to the template data.

Did you recalculate the post counters?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
September 28, 2010 10:01AM
Hi Maurice Makaay,
Maurice Makaay
Did you recalculate the post counters?
Yes, I did.
Regards,
Sreenadh
December 13, 2010 11:34AM
Hi folks,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to enable the users tag to be shown on the topic list page. I would like to indicate the the users tag for the topic author and last post. Essentially where a username is displayed so should the tag.

I understand where in the list.tpl i need to add information but im not sure how to grab the tag info to put it in place.

Thanks

Isaac
April 19, 2012 11:09PM
Hi Maurice

After much searching, it sounds like your module does kinda what I want. Except, instead of a HTML tag, I'd like to assign the user into a group. Are you interested in a feature like this? If I can't find anything else that fits what I'm trying to do, I'll probably make modifications to your module, and ether submit a patch, or fork it, if thats ok with you.

Concept:
Users with <10 approved posts, are in group "Newbies"
Users with >= 10 approved posts are in group "Regulars"

Then using other mods, Newbies group will be always moderated. It sounds like your user tagging code can be run at different times (page loads), so it should be able to change the groups ok. If I do something like "<10 posts && not in group newbies, change to group Newbies" then it won't be trying to change the group all the time.

Thanks

Tim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login