Firefox PHP

Module: Topic Poll

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Topic Poll
July 04, 2009 07:00AM
Yes, it is working. Thank you.

(After update I saw [mod_topic_poll ......] code, but I think it was caching problem or something. It disappeared.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 08:33AM by paranid.
August 01, 2009 07:24AM
I released version 1.0.14 of the module. This version fixes a small bug with using BBcode in the poll question and/or answers. When editing a poll, the BBcode would show up as the rendered HTML for that BBcode in the edit form. After saving, the poll would show the HTML escaped in the page, instead of showing the desired formatting.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
August 04, 2009 05:23AM
Hi Maurice

99.9% certain this has been uploaded ok and can enable it in the admin interface.

Your notes to the module state that "For each forum you can configure who can create and who can answer polls."

On the admin page I can see how to restrict who can create a poll, but can see nothing on the settings page to restrict who can answer.

Is this done purely by restricting access to the particular forum and by the user who creates the poll? I have already restricted all of the forums to registered users, but for this type of excercise I want to ensure that no-one (registered user) can vote more than once in a poll. Is this possible - or indeed is it built in?
August 04, 2009 05:52AM
It's not a feature that is built-in. The choice for who can vote in a poll is entirely implemented in the poll creation interface. My notes must be off here. To be able to define this at a global scale, some work would have to be done.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
August 04, 2009 06:13AM
I thought I was going mad (or blind)! 8-)

One other question, then I'll let you get on

Having restricted a poll (because I created it) to Registered users only, am I correct in assuming that a registered user can only vote once - unless they revoke their vote? Is this time restricted, or based on the username?
August 04, 2009 06:22AM
For registered users, it is linked to the user account. Only for anonymous accounts, we need a construction like IP and cookie blocking, possibly opening a gap for anonymous users to do multiple posts. So with registered users, you are safe.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
noe
September 27, 2009 09:41AM
Just noticed a small bug:

The settings "Allow viewing of poll results without voting?" and "Visitors need to vote before they can read the full thread" " only affect registered / logged in users. All other (not logged in) users can still view the results / read the thread, no matter which settings I choose.

So considering that users just have to log out to view the results / read the thread, these settings become quite unusable...

Also the post previews mod doesn't recognize these settings - but ok, that's probably not an issue of the topic poll mod...
October 28, 2009 05:03AM
Works for me. I setup a forum with topic poll settings as you describe it. Then I posted a poll, voted and logged out. I could not view the poll results.

Note that the poll settings are all stored in the poll after posting the poll. So changing settings from the admin interface for the module only affects newly posted polls.

Also remember to delete your topic poll cookie after logging out, otherwise the module will see that you posted a poll answer and will show you results and replies.

Can you please try again with a fresh poll?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
November 08, 2009 04:18PM
I noticed that the poll style preview was broken in the admin interface due to some modified poll rendering code. Version v1.0.16 that I just uploaded fixes this issue.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
November 08, 2009 11:58PM
This module allows single answers and as such "does what it says on the tin". But.... is it possible to allow for multiple answers? i.e 5 questions (for instance) and up to 5 answers

On a probably completely different subject, is there (or has anyone thought of) a questionnaire module, whereby the basis of an answer automatically leads to another question.
i.e answer Yes and this asks a question why or how? Answer No and you move to the next question
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login