Firefox PHP

Module: Topic Poll

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Topic Poll
January 06, 2013 11:47AM
In topic_poll.php, an empty poll is initialized like this:
Language: PHP
// Initialize a new poll. $message["meta"]["mod_topic_poll"] = array ( "question" => "", "answers" => array( 0 => "", 1 => "" ), "votes" => array(), "total_votes" => 0, "votingtime" => 0, // in days, 0 for unlimited "permission" => "user", "active" => 1, "cache_id" => 0, );

By extending the "answers" array, you can add as many standard answers as you wish.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
January 07, 2013 07:03AM
thanks...it works for me.
pat
January 07, 2013 03:10PM
autoven
in the poll editor, can i have more than 2 fields by default? Where can i modify the code?

Modify topic_poll.php to:

Language: PHP
// Initialize a new poll. $message["meta"]["mod_topic_poll"] = array ( "question" => "", "answers" => array( 0 => "", 1 => "", 2 => "" ), "votes" => array(), "total_votes" => 0, "votingtime" => 0, // in days, 0 for unlimited "permission" => "user", "active" => 1, "cache_id" => 0, );
February 02, 2013 05:56AM
Thanks for very neat module, Maurice. I have one question/request tho: Is it possible to have multiple polls in same thread/post? Basically, I would like to have multiple questions with their own answers in the same thread. This would help our forum members a lot since currently some "voting" that we do is bit taxing.

Thanks!
February 02, 2013 12:10PM
No, that has not been implemented. It really is "topic poll", so a poll that is linked to a single topic / thread.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
June 06, 2013 11:40AM
Hi Maurice,

I get some PHP Notice from the Topic Poll Module when using also Post Preview Module:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: READ in /var/www/.../phorum-5.2.19/mods/topic_poll/topic_poll.php
on line 711, referer: [forum.langzeittest.de]

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
TTV
September 04, 2014 11:02AM
Module language is not changing to Dutch on my site, i have tried several things but nothing seems to be working, what can i do to set it to show in Dutch instead of English?

I am using Nederlands informeel on my site...
September 04, 2014 10:26PM
Are you using the Emerald template when you encounter this issue?

edit>> The Classic template would need a matching template in the poll module.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2014 10:36PM by Scott Finegan.
September 05, 2014 01:34AM
and a matching language as it seems to be about the language.

Thomas Seifert
TTV
September 05, 2014 05:08AM
Scott Finegan
Are you using the Emerald template when you encounter this issue?

edit>> The Classic template would need a matching template in the poll module.

I am using emerald-alt as my standard template, next to the normal emerald, classic and redbirds templates. The module stays in English in all of them..... And yes Dutch is included in the language files of the module. There are currently two Dutch language files for phorum, both of them do not work with the Topic Poll module on my site.

What i have done so far:

Cleaned out cache/cookies of browser
Purge cache
Ran sanity checks
Ran Database integrity
Shut the module off/on

Did all of the above multiple times...

And asked this question...

Would it make any difference if would uninstall and reinstall the module?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login