Firefox PHP

Module: Topic Poll

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: Topic Poll
May 14, 2010 03:42PM
Nice module!

I'd like to see a vote only, not the topic. How? It can be nice from admin perspective ... Any suggestion?
May 14, 2010 05:22PM
I'm not sure what your question is. Can you try and explain in different wording?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
May 14, 2010 05:42PM
I am looking the way, how to see the poll results from the administrative interface, or from user interface without re-view the topic

I am sorry for my pidgin english :-)
May 15, 2010 01:12AM
Oh, I see. There are no such options in the module.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
May 15, 2010 04:16AM
poll without result analysis ... what is the reason for it?

my suggestion: fill poll with real data in module configuration, not dummy, like now
May 15, 2010 04:26AM
There is result analysis: you can see the poll results, can't you? I am not sure what else you would want to see for a poll.

The admin interface poll only shows you the styling of the poll, in which case it is perfectly fine to show dummy data. I have no intentions to extend the admin interface to be showing poll results from there.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
May 15, 2010 04:28AM
and there's nothing keeping you from developing and releasing enhancements to the module ;)

Thomas Seifert
May 19, 2010 08:17AM
Maurice Makaay
That's why you can tweak the timing of the IP-block. If you think IP-blocking sucks, then make the IP-block really low.

Let me thank you for this great module. I have disabled IP blocking and also found a small bug: the line
$_COOKIE["phorum_mod_topic_poll"] = implode(":", $voted);
was missing from function phorum_mod_topic_poll_read($messages) before setting cookie for anonymous users, which
enabled voting twice.

Best regards, Zdravko
May 19, 2010 08:28AM
Thanks for the report. The problem is not that two votes would be registered. Only the results would not show directly after the first poll vote. If I'm correct, this only would be an issue with IP-block set to zero. I implemented the fix in 1.0.18.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
May 19, 2010 08:50AM
Yes, that is right. Let me recheck this: should IP-block = 0 mean that there is no IP blocking? Or zero means block forever?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login