Firefox PHP

Posting not possible after upgrade

Posted by tbremer 
Posting not possible after upgrade
March 24, 2017 04:28PM
Hello,

I upgraded our Phorum from 5.2.19 to 5.2.23. This worked well without errors. I also upgraded the german language-files (I'm still using ISO 8859-1). But after the update, all users cannot post anymore.

It is possible to write the posting (file posting.php) and doing the preview of the posting. But after pressing Send, only an empty page is shown. The posting is not published and not in the database.

I disabled all modules, cleared the cache and checked the database and doing all rebuilds there. The System Sanity Checks are all OK.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2017 07:31PM by tbremer.
Re: Posting not possible after upgrade
March 24, 2017 05:03PM
Verify that your ftp client is uploading the files correctly. Pretty much everything in Phorum except pictures is text.
Check for a space or line feed before the opening <php in the files, that must be first.
Upload the files again.
Test with Emerald template.

If that doesn't work, Windows or Linux?
IIS, Apache, Ngnix, etc.?
March 24, 2017 07:15PM
I'm unpacking the files directly in the shell, so there should be no FTP issues. I tried both the tar.gz and the .zip. File-owners and rights are all correct. There a no blank lines or spaces in front of the php-tag and I'm using the emerald theme.

All working with Debian Jessie:

Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) mod_fastcgi
PHP 5.6.30

The same config as with the old Phroum-version before.
March 25, 2017 02:50PM
In the upper right corner of the admin, Phorum Status "Normal" ? (Shouldn't have anything to do with your issue unless there is a caching problem.)

In the admin, set the cache directory to ./cache , (there is a period in front of the slash). Save the settings.
Sanity Checks are OK?

In the admin enable event logging. Save the settings. Try to post. Check for events that prevent posting.
Enable the modules you use, save the settings.

Check the php error log.
Check the mysql log.
There are also various server logs.
March 28, 2017 08:57AM
Hi tbremer,

an empty (blank) page is caused nearly almost by a php error... Please check you php error log file.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login