Firefox PHP

One last question about smileys

Posted by HelenWilson 
One last question about smileys
September 27, 2015 11:22AM
At least, I hope it's the last one. Everything else seems to be doing exactly what it should.

I enabled the Smileys module and it is working and display perfectly when a post is first entered. But when you read a post with a smiley in it, you see 'smiling smiley' for example, instead of the icon itself. I've looked at the settings and don't see anything that would affect this.
Re: One last question about smileys
September 27, 2015 12:07PM
did you change the url at some time?
or are you using some search engine friendly url module?

Thomas Seifert
September 28, 2015 10:40AM
Not sure what you mean about changing the url. The forum is at the same address it's been all along. I'm not using an SEO friendly url.

However, now that I think about it, the software in which the forum is embedded is doing some parsing to call .html files from another location. It won't handle a .php, so I had to create an .html file with a redirect to index.php. I wonder if that's what is causing the problem. I can look at it directly from the browser address field. I'll try that and see whether it fixes the problem. If so, I'll have to figure out how to make the link to the forum display properly and still call index.php directly.

ETA--nope, the redirect was not the problem. I went directly to the index.php url in the browser and the same thing is happening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2015 10:44AM by HelenWilson.
September 29, 2015 03:35AM
Hi Helen,

can you provide a link to a message with missing smileys?

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
October 02, 2015 10:21AM
Here is one. Sorry to take so long to reply. I was on the road for a couple of days and up to my ears with other stuff.

[www.newnaturalsonline.com]
October 02, 2015 03:49PM
Using Firebug I see this.

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - ht tp://w ww.newnaturalsonline.c0m/mods/smileys/images/smilie1.gif"
Link broken intentionally.
Pasting the link in the URL bar results in a 404 also.

Spelling or path error.
October 02, 2015 04:10PM
you have changed the path after install.
go to the smileys module and press save in the settings page again, without changes.

Thomas Seifert
October 11, 2015 02:21PM
Far as I'm aware, nothing has changed since the initial install. But the smileys do seem to be working now, thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login