Firefox PHP

Is phorum still futureproof?

Posted by TTV 
TTV
September 27, 2014 09:19PM
Hi there

Has phorum development ceased? The limited amount of current posts, the lack of quick response to questions (sure you have your reasons)
makes me wonder. Is Makaay still involved? Are there any plans for development? What is going on exactly?

Do we have something, to look forward to as end users?

I absolutely love phorum, that is why i am asking.
Re: Is phorum still futureproof?
September 28, 2014 02:02AM
Everything about that topic was said, see e.g. [www.phorum.org]

Thomas Seifert
TTV
September 28, 2014 05:28AM
Thank you for clearing that up.... I hope someone picks up the project, because I believe Phorum is still relevant.
September 29, 2014 05:22AM
TTV

yes it is.
IMHO it is still the best (free) forum software you can obtain.
Especially because the core is very well written and fast. All other options you want is a matter of using modules. So very flexible that it will fit for almost any situation you are in.

But, if there is no module for your purpose, you have to write one. You just need avarage PHP knwowledge for that, but you do have to read the howto's for it. Invest some time and you will succeed. But most people using free software, expect that everything will work out of the box and if not, they want (demand??) immediately (free) solutions from the developers within a few hours. Hard to understand, knowing people buy microsoft windows for a lot of many, with thousands of known bugs, witout complaints.:(

The core does not need any updates right now, not even for the near future. I myself like to see more activity from users in writing and exploring the module system more. In short: its upto the phorum community to keep Phorum alive and kicking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login