Firefox PHP

How to create 30k blank user on the phorum?

Posted by Janie 
How to create 30k blank user on the phorum?
January 31, 2012 09:37PM
Good Day.
I need to create around 30k blank users on my fresh phorum installation. What I mean by that is - I need a record of that 30k in my database(mysql) and on my phorum script. Every user would appear in my admin panel, so I could manipulate the details. The easiest approach would be to create those 30k by hand, unfortunately it is unreal due to time factor. This is not a thread about spamming and bots. Hence:
I have an access to the phpmyadmin, ftp, and of course via the admin panel on the phorum.
Is it possible? Is there a module around for that purpose I am not aware of.
Every nudge is deeply appreciated.
Janie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2012 09:41PM by Janie.
Re: How to create 30k blank user on the phorum?
February 01, 2012 07:48AM
If you got ssh access ... there is an stress test script in the scripts folder which can create lots of messages and users, selectively.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
February 01, 2012 01:44PM
No ssh access at the moment.
February 01, 2012 08:12PM
Well then, create yourself a script to do it in the database.
no ready to go solution for you.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
February 01, 2012 10:16PM
Roger that.
Thank you.
February 02, 2012 08:48AM
You might be able to get assistance from support to run the script. there are only four questions to answer.
Other solution; do a local install. If it needs to be on the web for testing, dump the data and upload it to the web

Language: PHP
print "\nHow many users do you want to create?\n"; print "> "; $ucount = (int)trim(fgets(STDIN));   print "\nHow many threads do you want to create?\n"; print "> "; $tcount = (int)trim(fgets(STDIN));   print "\nHow many messages do you want to create per thread?\n"; print "> "; $mcount = (int)trim(fgets(STDIN));   print "\nHow many newflags do you want to set per user?\n"; print "> "; $ncount = (int)trim(fgets(STDIN));   print "\n"
February 06, 2012 11:42PM
I use this mysql script to add user from extern database

"INSERT `".PHORUM_USERS."` ( `username` ,`password` ,`sessid_lt`,`active`,`email`,`real_name`,`display_name`,`date_added`) VALUES ('$username','".md5($passwd)."','".md5(microtime())."','1','$email','$real_name','$display_name','".time()."')"
it works so fine, you just verify if the username you want to insert are all different.
After each insert, send a mail with username / password to each user, so they can connect immediatly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login