Firefox PHP

search URL

Posted by fmon 
search URL
August 07, 2007 07:17PM
I noticed while working on the blog template that when I search I am returned to the emerald template (set as default) for the message and then results. Investigating I find the url does not have the forum_id in it, even though the phourm_get_url function seems to be set up to put it there.

I see: (content 2 is the phorum dir)
..../content2/search.php?search=post,author=,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=365,match_forum=ALL,match_threads=1

Then for the redirect:
..../content2/search.php?0,search=post,author=,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=365,match_forum=ALL,match_threads=1

This happens in the emerald template also, but you would not notice anything wrong.

Look further in search.php the value in $search_url is what is shown above for the redirect. shouldn't the 0 be a forum id if your are searching from a place other than the index?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2007 07:26PM by fmon.
Re: search URL
August 08, 2007 01:23AM
Yes, that looks wrong.
Heading to work now.
There I will look into it.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
August 08, 2007 11:05PM
Adding this to the header search form solves the problem:

<input type="hidden" name="forum_id" value="{FORUM_ID}" />

Should that also be added to the form in search.tpl or should it be passed in {POST_VARS} by changing search.php?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2007 11:11PM by fmon.
August 09, 2007 03:01AM
common.php adds the forum_id to {POST_VARS}, but a missing dot in search.php cancelled that. Also, the search form in the page header didn't use {POST_VARS}. This was fixed in changeset 2359. Please try if those changes make it work for you.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
August 09, 2007 09:49PM
They work.
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login