Firefox PHP

Disable Phorum Change Password, Email & Profile Functionality

Posted by pauld 
Disable Phorum Change Password, Email & Profile Functionality
September 07, 2010 06:42AM
Hi,

I've successfully integrated phorum with our Drupal site. I now want to cleanly stop users changing passwords, email and profile settings from inside phorum since this functionality is already in Drupal and for ease of management we want all changes to go via Drupal.

The first stage during beta testing was simply to hide the appropriate links inside the template. This isn't acceptable for the live release though. Could someone advise if there are any nice hooks I can use to restrict/remove the ability to change passwords etc from within phorum?

Thanks,
Paul.
Re: Disable Phorum Change Password, Email & Profile Functionality
September 07, 2010 11:04AM
You could check out what I did in [http://www.phorum.org/phorum5/read.php?28,53902]Embed Phorum[/url] for Phorum 5.1. That module is not fully up-to-date with the current stable version of Phorum, but I think that there might be some code in there for you that you can use.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
September 07, 2010 12:11PM
You can also see the forum lockdown module.
[www.phorum.org]
I believe that the register.php and login.php programs can be deleted (you do have to remember to keep doing this for upgrades)

You could also use mod_rewrite to redirect users to the proper Drupal pages from register.php and login.php.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2010 12:20PM by DavidVB.
September 07, 2010 01:32PM
Thanks for your feedback.

I've discovered the parse_request hook. What I've done (at the moment) is intercept any GET/POST to the email, user and password panels and modified the request to take the user back to the summary panel in the control center. It seems to be a very easy and secure way of restricting access to the scripts I don't want available.

Can you see any problems with this approach?

Thanks,
Paul
September 07, 2010 02:52PM
That sounds like a solid approach to me.
I don't see any obvious problems in doing so.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
September 08, 2010 04:07AM
It looks like I have an approach then. Thanks for your help Maurice.
March 28, 2011 10:14PM
What you mean by parse_request hook?
Can you explain little bit more
March 29, 2011 03:13AM
What exactly is unclear? He is talking about a hook. A hook is an entry point that can be used by a module to add functionality to Phorum in a flexible way. He wrote such a module to handle blocking requests to parts of the interface that he want to have blocked.

It is not something read-to-go that you can install or configure. I don't think that Paul posted the code that he wrote.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
March 30, 2011 08:02PM
Ok..Then Can you tell me where is the control center file is i will try to delete change password option from directly from control menu
March 31, 2011 02:10AM
ok i find a way since i have another user management page I deleted the control center from header.tpl so no one is able get in there now. That works for me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login