Firefox PHP

PunchTab Rewards integration

Posted by myperrycounty 
PunchTab Rewards integration
January 13, 2012 05:36PM
Has anyone heard of punchtab - www.punchtab.com

It's an awesome free rewards program that you can integrate with most any site. You can give reward points for many different functions. The coding for implementing it seems basic, however I don't know anything about coding. Thought some people who know some basic things might be willing to take a look at this site and their examples and such and see if it can be integrated (with sample code posted) You can create your own catalog of rewards to give your visitors. It's a really good site. It does require facebook login for keeping track of points which all that is integrated with their stuff. It's easy to install the basics of it. Maybe if someone has time or interest, they could look into it? Basically, what I'm looking for is giving points when people post a new topic or reply to an existing topic or click on a local business ad.
Re: PunchTab Rewards integration
January 13, 2012 05:39PM
Here is a little bit of a conversation I had with a tech on their site? Maybe this would make sense to someone. This is when you don't have onclick string or something like that.

subu: Here is a javascript snippet for posting points

subu: <script type="text/javascript" src="[ajax.googleapis.com]; <script type="text/javascript" > $(document).ready( function() { $('#test-form').submit(function() { $.ajax({ type: $(this).attr('method'), url: $(this).attr('action'), data: $(this).serialize(), success: function(){ _ptq.push(["post",{"points":100}]); } }); return false; }); } ); </script>

subu: reference form in this case is as follows...

subu: <div id="test-form-container"> <form name="test-form" id="test-form" action="form_processor.php" method="POST"> ... ... form stuff goes here ... ... </form> </div>

subu: in your case ...

subu: you will be referring to form on the message board
Re: PunchTab Rewards integration
January 14, 2012 12:27AM
ok, here is a simplified version I think.

I have to add this line of code

onClick='_ptq.push(["post",{"points":50}]);'

to the function of posting.

I have this working for some other things, like when someone clicks on an ad it gives them points.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login