Firefox PHP

phorum5 running as a blog. Any interests?

Posted by irob 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
CU.zip 44.1 KB open | download Sergej 12/14/2005 Read message
irobblogtemplate_v04.jpg 154.8 KB open | download irob 12/19/2005 Read message
irobblogtemplate_v04_adminbug1adminstress.gif 43.2 KB open | download irob 12/20/2005 Read message
irobblogtemplate_v04_adminbug2sortingproblem.gif 43.6 KB open | download irob 12/20/2005 Read message
irobblogtemplate_v04_adminview3move.gif 33.8 KB open | download irob 12/20/2005 Read message
phorum5 running as a blog. Any interests?
May 07, 2005 08:28AM
According to [phorum.org] with my wish to download a template for photoblogging (see example [pepemelega.fotoblog.uol.com.br] or this example is also wonderful, see all the comments and discussion there at [rita.santos.fotoblog.uol.com.br] ), I have to see, that there is neither a template for normal blogging nor a template for photoblogging here to download.

I would like to make a new template for blogging. I am very sure, that phorum5 can also be used for blogging. I think, blogs do not need so much code like a forum.

So, my question is: Is anyone here who is also interested in making a template for "blogs"?

For the first, I speak only about normal text-blogs. After finishing this, we can then also use this template as photo-blogs and develop it. We would then have later 2 templates. One for pure text-blogging, one for pure photo-blogging.

Background: There are about 12 million people in USA who are bloggers. And in Brazil, there are about 3 million photo-bloggers. Checking out different blog-softwares, I came to the result, that phorum5 is the best basis because of the great speed and flexibility. But phorum5 has no blog-template, so letz work on it. :-)

Thank you.
pat
Re: phorum5 running as a blog. Any interests?
May 07, 2005 09:19AM
Hi,

I think you are a little late with that idea:
[phorum.org]

;->

pat
May 07, 2005 09:37AM
pat Wrote:
> I think you are a little late with that idea:
> ;->

Oh... wow, you already started with it? This looks good there at [blogs.phorum.org]

Wonderful. Where can I download this template? Hmm... I think, this blog-template is rather new and need more development. For example, I miss a calender and links to monthly archives. How can I help you there? Questions over questions. Thanks for any infos.
May 07, 2005 09:58AM
its new and just read the first blog-entry there for more information about it and why its not downloadable yet.
what you want is another application. i.e. calendar and such would be addons/hacks, not just template-changes.

Thomas Seifert
May 07, 2005 10:41AM
ts77 Wrote:
> its new and just read the first blog-entry there
> for more information about it and why its not
> downloadable yet.
> what you want is another application. i.e.
> calendar and such would be addons/hacks, not just
> template-changes.

Ok, thank you. Well, I want to work on it now. Will I have any chance?
May 07, 2005 10:46AM
ask brian about it.

Thomas Seifert
May 08, 2005 12:46PM
I can't wait for this!
May 08, 2005 01:24PM
ts77 Wrote:
> ask brian about it.

Brian *wink* *wink* *wink* *wink*
May 08, 2005 03:20PM
Are you asking him or coming on to him?

:-D
May 08, 2005 03:53PM
M@AATW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you asking him or coming on to him?
>
> :-D

Neither nor. I will wait until monday morning. If I will not hear anything from Brian, I will start to programm the blog running onto phorum5. It will be easy for me, because I already programmed the online-magazine running onto phorum5. So, the blog-version will then only be a "slim version" of the online-magazine. It is quicker for me to delete some super-features of the online-magazine and to create a blog with the slim version.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login