Firefox PHP

Tableless XHTML templates?

Posted by JAB Creations 
Tableless XHTML templates?
November 20, 2007 01:18PM
There are three goals I have...

1.) An XHTML compliant template.
2.) Tableless layout.
3.) The ability to include my site's own headers and PHP includes in the templates.

Is Phorum flexible enough to let me do this? If so I'm not interested in color schemes as much as I am that a template is XHTML and tableless (I will manually style it myself). Thanks for your replies!
Re: Tableless XHTML templates?
November 20, 2007 01:52PM
The templates can be styled in any way you want. you could even make plaintext- or xml-templates if you need that ;).
Also php can be used in the templates.

Thomas Seifert
November 20, 2007 02:39PM
I've noticed, great stuff!

I've got the forums looking like my site as far as the header and footer template are concerned and have imported my PHP code including the headers. It looks beautiful already and I'm not even close to being done.

Question: where are the smilies?
November 20, 2007 06:47PM
There is a smileys module included in the package. The smiley images can be found in that mod's directory: mods/smileys/images. In the smileys module settings, you can provide a different path for smileys if you like and you can define what strings to replace with what smileys.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
November 21, 2007 06:13AM
No, I saw that; my question was how do I enable smilies in messages? Does the smilies mod include the option to disable them in a post, for example when it interferes with a computer code?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2007 06:38AM by JAB Creations.
November 21, 2007 06:35AM
I recently built that into the 5.2 code base.
It is not available for 5.1.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
November 21, 2007 06:39AM
Ok thank you for the answer. Phorum is much easier to implement in to my site which is what I prefer to implementing my site in to a forum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login