Firefox PHP

Add a background to the Phorum

Posted by btcbtc 
Add a background to the Phorum
March 20, 2017 05:04PM
I am sorry that I am so dumb. I promise to learn quickly. Can someone please tell me how I can add a background image to the Phorum pages?

Thank you.
Re: Add a background to the Phorum
March 21, 2017 05:59AM
Hi btcbtc,

if you use the emerald template you can make your changes in \templates\emerald\css.tpl and define the background effects for your desired elements. It's just CSS, nothing special to Phorum.

Take care to "purge cache" in the admin panel after changes to the template.

Take care to clear also your browser cache when your browser doesn't show your changes.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
March 21, 2017 10:52PM
THANK YOU very much!!!
March 22, 2017 10:13AM
Oliver, I saw you answered my last post about this time in the day. I had one more question. There is an RSS link on the bottom of each posting. That is just going to confuse our users. Is there a way to remove it? I am not trying to rebrand or do anything that would change the working structure of the Phorum . . . I just don't want anyone to press that for fun. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. Of course, the more I use this I may have other questions but I won't ask you to answer them for free in the future!
March 22, 2017 10:22AM
Hi Bruce,

look for FEED in

\templates\emerald\read.tp
\templates\emerald\read_hybrid.tpl
\templates\emerald\read_threads.tpl

and remove the following lines:

Language: PHP
{IF URL->FEED} <a class="icon icon-feed" href="{URL->FEED}">{FEED}</a> {/IF}

Regards
Oliver

Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
March 22, 2017 02:09PM
I would go to the admin
General Settings page, scroll to HTML Settings - "Show and allow feed links" and set it to "No", then test that it behaves as expected. Clear the cache.
March 22, 2017 02:57PM
THANK YOU BOTH! This seems like a great community. I hope I learn and use enough to be able to participate!!!
March 23, 2017 03:53AM
@Scott: I prefer your solution!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login