Firefox PHP

User Image Gallery Module (Being worked on)

Posted by Ryan 
User Image Gallery Module (Being worked on)
September 03, 2009 07:16AM
Phorum is getting a User Image Gallery module!

Goal: $165/$150 (COMPLETED!)

Thank you all who helped us reach this goal!

Ravenswood has agreed to take on the commission of making a User Image Gallery module for Phorum. This will be a public module for anyone to use, once it is completed.

Though it will be a very complex one to write, he is only going to charge $150. Since I know there are several people out there who may be eager to receive a module like this, and since I'm in a bit of a financial spot this month, I'm asking that anyone who is able and willing consider donating toward this goal. I will be paying $50 up front, and whatever is left over after donations (hopefully we get some!).

The module would be based around the following specs, depending on how Ravenwood can work it.
  • Each registered user would have an image gallery.
  • If option to do so is selected, moderators/administrator are alerted to new images, in order to keep an eye on the content.
  • ControlCenter "Image Gallery" page:
    • a link to upload a new item or items. New page would include:
      • multiple upload fields, and ability to add more upload fields
      • mention of max file size limit
    • a view of all images previously uploaded by the user.
    • link to allow user to edit an item. The page would include:
      • a display of the item, no bigger than a certain size
      • ability to rotate the item clockwise or counter clockwise
      • "Title" field
      • "Description" field
      • "Date Created" field
      • "Keywords" field
      • "Reupload Photo" field
      • option to submit, reset, or delete
    • image items organized by paging like Phorum's: Page 1 of 7 Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 > >>
    • mention of the maximum size for a user gallery, and how much space has been used so far
  • Posting page: ability to include an uploaded item into a post
  • Profile page would include a link to the user's Image Gallery, which would have:
    • a view of all images uploaded by the author.
      • When an item is clicked, an image viewer or new page (up to the developer) would open with the image, data, datestamp of upload, and option for the viewer to report the image with the reason why (vulgar, copyrighted, etc).
    • image items organized by paging like Phorum's: Page 1 of 7 Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 > >>
    • a search box for searching by keywords
  • Admin settings:
    • Option of creating a user gallery when the user registers, or when they first access their account (or maybe give them an option asking if the user wants the user gallery)
    • Option on whether or not to moderate (pre-approve) uploaded images
    • Option of having the albums viewable by Public or Members Only
    • Maximum size for uploading an image
    • Maximum size for a user gallery
Optional Ideas: (these will depend on Ravenwood)
  • Watermarking
  • Thumbnail cropping options
  • Albums and subalbums

Donaters:
Anonymous - $25
Stuga-Cabana - $25
Robert Angle - $25
Robert DeThomas, Jr - $25
Maurice Makaay - $15
Ryan Mosby - $50

-------------------------------------------

"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allan Poe

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2009 08:43AM by Ryan.
Re: Fundraiser: User Image Gallery Module
September 03, 2009 02:27PM
This month stinks financially for me too. I'm in construction, which means I flow back and forth with the economy :-(

However, I will happily muster up another $50.00 to get a user image gallery for my phorum.

- Bob
September 03, 2009 04:39PM
Well, this is a bit embarrassing. I seem to be in the spotlight...

I think this is a great idea for a module, and I'm really happy to be working on this project. I just wish I was in a position to do it for free. (It sucks being out of work, BTW.) I'm sure if I get stuck on anything or need any help, someone here will be able to help me. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"When given a choice, always choose monkeys."
September 03, 2009 04:57PM
Ravenswood

Ryan just needed to add the animated gifs of and embedded mp3 of fireworks going off :-)

(It sucks being out of work, BTW.)

Dude, tell me about it!

I'm self employed, and 2008 did half as good as 2007. Everyone is laid off and I am working all alone.

That's why I'm playing around with hacking free software packages like this. HTML & Perl was an old pastime for me. PHP is fascinating me today. All of this testifies to me having to much time on my hands. If things stay this way, I'll be churning out mods of my own after winter :-)

- Bob
September 03, 2009 10:28PM
Robert Angle
This month stinks financially for me too. I'm in construction, which means I flow back and forth with the economy :-(

However, I will happily muster up another $50.00 to get a user image gallery for my phorum.

- Bob

Thank you! You don't have to donate that high though, especially if you're in a bit of a spot too. Any small donation is fine, it keeps us moving toward the goal.

Ravenswood

Sorry about that! But you definitely have my thanks, and I'm sure that of all those who are looking forward to this kind of module.

Robert Angle
Ryan just needed to add the animated gifs of and embedded mp3 of fireworks going off :-)

Drats, I forgot!

September 09, 2009 03:41PM
We're over halfway to our goal! There's still a way to go, though. Donations don't have to be big--$1, $5, whatever you can spare, is greatly appreciated. Future users of this module will thank you. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 06:17PM by Ryan.
September 10, 2009 07:45AM
I would think that more people could be interested if they would know what they would donate for.
What exactly would be in the module, which features?

Thomas Seifert
September 10, 2009 05:57PM
Thank you for the advice, Thomas! I've edited the first post to reflect the feature requests I sent to Ravenwood.

September 10, 2009 06:30PM
Well I know I said $50. I put $25 towards it, and will have to balance some things to see if I can put another $25 towards it. (I am a lazy book keeper).

- Bob
September 10, 2009 06:55PM
Thank you, Robert! The fundraiser page has been updated. We're only $35 away from the end goal, thanks to you. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login