Firefox PHP

Picture in Profile 1.0

Posted by pat 
Re: Picture in Profile 1.0
July 14, 2004 06:07AM
Pat, this would be really awsome if made into a mod... Is there a possibility for that?

Greetz,

Godai

___
Polskie Centrum WebKomiksu
pat
July 14, 2004 02:57PM
Hi godai,

as I said - I'll try my best...

It won't work without some minor modifikations to the core though f.example the pulldown...

pat
Can't get it working
May 26, 2005 03:18PM
I follow step by step very carefully and can't get it working ..

result is a nice red "X" in place where the image is suppose to be and I check the propeterie of the X and it shows

htttp://www.stlaware.com/phorums/picProcessor.php?

(added an extra t in the http to prevent it turning into a clickly)

So I downloaded that hacked phorum files and same thing .. just a red X in it ..

Picture upload and previews fine in the "edit my file" in CC ..

I already tried all the picProessor.php in this topic ..

Any idea what to check into next? or it doesnt work with the new phorum verison since I notice this hack is old ..

Bill

pat
May 26, 2005 04:21PM
Hi,

is the gd-lib installed on your server?
Only use the latest (last) version don't use the phorum-files as they are from an old version.

pat
May 26, 2005 07:57PM
yeah I have GD2

GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

I am going to do it again tonight very carefully and slowly editing each files again ..perhaps I missed an edit or a step somewhere ..

So the last picprocessor.php one your talking about is on page 3 of this topic below?

---------------------------------------------

Hi,

and another one (not only) for people with register globals disabled...

pat

Attachments: picProcessor.php (5kB)

-----------------------------------------------

Thank for the reply ..

Bill

pat
May 27, 2005 02:00PM
Hi Bill,

yes use v1.0a and don't forget to create the custom profile-fieldin the admin and don't forget about the folder and chmod folder and picProcessor.php the way I described. By the way you could use the old phorum-files I've given to see where in the code my "hacks" have to be placed.

pat
pat
May 29, 2005 05:31PM
Hi Bill,

Is it working?
If not you might wanna try this:

@1
change this line:

$picFiles[$key]["url"]=phorum_get_url(PHORUM_FILE_URL, "file=$key");

to this:
$picFiles[$key]["url"]=urlencode (phorum_get_url(PHORUM_FILE_URL, "file=$key"));

and put this into picProcessor.php after line 20:

$filename = urldecode ($_GET['filename']);

If that does the trick, I will release a new version with the modifications

pat
November 17, 2005 01:23AM
Can anyone tell me what would cause this error.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting '(' in /www/r/rapidsriders/htdocs/forum/templates/default/profile.php on line 125

Everything else seems to be working. A user can upload images.

If the user goes to My Control Center>View My Profile, the image shows up. But when a user clicks on a User name link on the forum page, this error is generated.

Thanks,

David.
November 17, 2005 04:41AM
Right click on the broken image and choose "Properties" (or "Eigenshaften" or how it's called in German :). Then copy the full URL from the properties windows. Paste that full URL back into the location bar of your browser. Now if there is a script problem, you might be able to see it this way. In that case, let us know what the error message is that you see.

Other things can happen as well. You could see a broken image again. In that case, the software has tried to generate an image, but the image code is broken. This could be caused when the script that generates the image outputs more data than only the image data. I don't know if this is true (never tried), but maybe PHP warnings could cause this.

If you see nothing, then the script probably crashed due to some problem. In other cases it is also interesting to take a look at your server's error log, but in this case it is extremely interesting. So check your error log to see if PHP issues a warning or error before crashing on you.

I do not see many reasons for this failing. One reason I can think of is your PHP installation not supporting GD. To check this, you can put the following code in a php-file on your webserver and take a look at its output. There should be a section on GD in case GD support is available:
<?php phpinfo() ?>

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
November 17, 2005 04:44AM
davidf
Can anyone tell me what would cause this error.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting '(' in /www/r/rapidsriders/htdocs/forum/templates/default/profile.php on line 125

Just what it says. There's a syntax error in the PHP code on line 125. Somewhere a "(" character is expected, but instead a string was found. We can only tell you what's wrong in case you post the relevant piece of your code (line 125).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login