Firefox PHP

Posted by Chris Eaton 
Re: Avatar Module
March 21, 2005 04:11AM
I would like to second that... I'm currently preparing a big forum and we need avatars. And the other system (template hacks) is a bit too difficult to understand for the kind of users we deal with...

Can I ask for any ideas why it doesn't work?

Greetz,

Godai

___
Polskie Centrum WebKomiksu
March 21, 2005 04:31AM
godai, did you even test it on your phorum?
just because it doesn't work for *one* person, doesn't mean it doesn't work at all.

this avatar module needs template-hacks too!

Thomas Seifert
March 21, 2005 07:44AM
I had a similar problem a while back where the Avatar module worked but I could only make modifications to the Avatar when I went to ./control.php?0,panel=mod_avatar, but wouldn't work anywhere else example ./control.php?21,panel=mod_avatar.

Outside of that it works fine.

http://www.krang.org

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2005 07:44AM by Krang.
March 22, 2005 03:48AM

i find that no file is now visible here..

[www.tribalharmonix.org]

it looks the same as the summary.

any ideas? why would the images not show up in the control panel avatar selection menu?

it actually seems like it doesn't even realize it's supposed to be running the avatar control panel.
March 22, 2005 08:36AM
If I remember correctly you said it was working. Did you try to disable the module then reenable it? Did you double check that mod_avatar is in the Profile Field? Also double check that the mod_avatar.php is in ./include/controlcenter, just to be on the safe side. If all that doesn't work disable the module delete it and download it again you might have a corrupted file.?.?.?

I went to your site and see what you mean, it appears that it isn't enabled.

March 22, 2005 04:23PM

i downloaded the copy found at hiredgoons and installed it again.

i turned off the module and turned it back on again.

mod_avatar is definately in the list of custom profile fields

i haven't moved mod_avatar.php into ./include/controlcenter yet.. is this necessary? i thought modules are supposed to run from their mod directory?

avatars are still working for those who set them up before the change. people are just unable to enable any new ones.

any other ideas?
March 22, 2005 04:25PM
> i haven't moved mod_avatar.php into ./include/controlcenter yet.. is this necessary?

yes, essentially necessary. otherwise you don't have a controlpanel for avatars. a module can't add a controlpanel page "on-the-fly".

Thomas Seifert
March 22, 2005 04:34PM
ts77 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> godai, did you even test it on your phorum?

You bet I did...

> this avatar module needs template-hacks too!

Quite easily figured it out.

Anyway, I sorted the problem out, missed something else, wasn't the problem of the module after all. Though, seriously, I couldn't run it for he first few hours.

Regards,

Godai

___
Polskie Centrum WebKomiksu
March 22, 2005 05:35PM
excellent. the include/controlcenter/mod_avatar.php was my problem.

i copied it over and it works again. yay!

next question..

anyone know why this works:

/control.php?0,panel=mod_avatar

but this doesn't?

/control.php?25,panel=mod_avatar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2005 08:43PM by rheo.
March 23, 2005 07:56AM
Nope that is what my problem was, and It just started working. I don't know if it was a module install or a code change, but I just noticed it so it could have been fixed as long ago as 5.0.14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login